While you're in town...
West Virginia TESOL 22nd Annual Spring Conference
Friday, April 12, 2019
Marshall University DRINKO LIBRARY and MEMORIAL STUDENT CENTER
- 1:00-3:00 p.m. - Pre-Conference Session - Basics of Second Language Acquisition for Language Educators with Echo Ke - (Drinko Library Room 138)
- 6:00 p.m. - Dinner at Marco's (located in the lower level of the Memorial Student Center)
- 7:00 p.m. - Presentation by Ms. Rajia Hassib, author and speaker
- 7:30 p.m. - Old Time music and dancing featuring the Stony Point String Band.
- Friday Event Flyer
Saturday, Apri 13, 2019
Marshall University INTO CENTER and DRINKO LIBRARY
- Optional registration for the pre-conference intensive workshop on Friday and Friday evening events
- All workshops and learning opportunities at the Saturday conference
- Lunch and various refreshments at the Saturday conference
- An optional free one year membership to WV TESOL.
Postmarked/Paid on or before March 1, 2019 $45
Postmarked/Paid on or before March 1, 2019 $35
Postmarked/Paid AFTER March 1, 2019 $55
Postmarked/Paid AFTER March 1, 2019 $40
Need Continuing Education (CE) Credit?
Are you a K-12 teacher in need of CE credits?
When you attend WVTESOL, you will get to hear and interact with a nationally recognized speaker and author right here in West Virginia! In addition, you have the opportunity to connect with teachers and colleagues from other states and throughout West Virginia as we work toward helping English Language Learners.
Steps for CE Hours:
- Seek approval from your CE Council or immediate supervisor regarding desired CE hours
- Check with your building administrator/county CE council/Title II (Federal Programs) Office/ or BOE regarding funding support for a professional conference.
- Different counties have different requirements. Get exact clarification as to what YOUR county needs to count CE hours and to whom you must submit the hours.
- Attend WV TESOL. Receive participant certificate as proof of your attendance at the professional conference.