Full-time Instructor of English as a Second Language Instructor
Institution: West Virginia State University
Location: Institute, WV
Category: Faculty-Liberal Arts – English as a Second Language
Application Deadline: Open until filled
West Virginia State University is seeking qualified full-time instructors to teach various English as a second language (ESL) courses to international students in the ESL Program known as the Excellence in Culture and English Language Study (EXCELS). The full-time instructor serves as part of the ESL program team dedicated to supporting the EXCELS mission of providing quality English-language and cultural instruction to students from abroad. Teaching load is 4 courses per semester. The salary and compensation is very
- An earned master's degree in TESOL, TESL, Applied Linguistics, English Education with specialization in ESL/EFL/ELL, or related field.
- Teaching experience at a university-based intensive English program in the US.
- Work experience with a diverse student population.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Instructional technology skills utilized in an academic setting.
- Administrative and/or training experience at the college level is preferred.
Review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications submitted before May 1, 2015 will receive full consideration.
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, current CV, a statement of teaching philosophy (1-2 page), and contact information of three professional references (i.e., name, address, phone, and email) in Microsoft Word or PDF format to Dr. Lan Wang, ESL Program Director, 202 Campbell Conference Center, West Virginia State University, Institute, WV 25112-1000 or to [email protected].
INTO Marshall University General English Instructor
INTO Marshall UniversityGeneral English Instructor
- Start: July 9, 2015
- End: August 7, 2015
- To teach 6 to 18 hours (1 to 3 classes) of General English classes each week for four weeks (all classes are 2 hours in length and meet a total of three times per week).
- To advise international students
- To attend pre-session teacher training and assist with student orientation
- To participate in weekly meetings with coordinators and other instructors for the same student cohort
- M.A. degree in TESL/TEFL or related field
- Extremely high English language proficiency
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Familiarity with the use of appropriate classroom technology
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Per one 6-hour class + 8 hours per week as tutor in Learning Resource Center $1360
- Per two 6-hour classes + 8 hours per week as tutor in Learning Resource Center $2560
- Per three 6-hour classes (no hours in Learning Resource Center) $3600
Please send questions and/or a cover letter and CV (or resume to):
Mollie McOwen, Coordinator
General English Program
INTO Marshall – East Hall
Huntington, WV 25755