While you're in town...
- Black Bear Burritos's downtown location is right across the street from 123 Pleasant Street. Black Bear features a variety of ethnic cuisines made with fresh, local ingredients. Vegetarian and vegan options are available.
- Tailpipes, also located downtown, is a restaurant offering unique burgers and milkshakes.
- If you are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn, there are plenty of restaurants to choose from in the Suncrest Town Center, steps away from your hotel. Check out the Town Center directory for dining and shopping options.
- Chaang Thai is a Thai restaurant located downtown, a few minutes walk from 123 Pleasant Street and the Chestnut Boutique Hotel. Vegetarian and vegan options are available.
- Looking for other dining options or activities while you're in Morgantown? Check out the "Best of Morgantown" list for all the best options.
- Check out The Grind, located downtown adjacent to campus for your morning coffee the morning of the conference.
Directions and Parking
From I-79 to West Virginia University (from Charleston, WV)
From I-79 to West Virginia University (from Pittsburgh International Airport, PA)
From I-70 and I-68 to West Virginia University (from Washington DC)
Getting Around at the Conference
Driving Directions to Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn to Mountainlair
Hilton Garden Inn to University Ave and Chestnut St Garage
Mountainlair to University Ave and Chestnut St Garage
Hilton Garden Inn to Spruce St and Walnut St Parking Garage
Walking Directions within Downtown
Consult the map above for campus locations. The Mountainlair is labeled as the 'Student Services Center' in the map above.
University Ave and Chestnut St Garage to the Mountainlair (Student Services Center)
Mountainlair (Student Services Center) to 123 Pleasant Street
Click here for a detailed map of the downtown campus. Registration will take place in Oglebay Hall (located next to the Mountainlair), and sessions will take place in Oglebay and Ming Hsieh (behind Ogelbay Hall).
Attendees can park at the Spruce St and Walnut St Parking Garage OR at the Spruce Street Lot F metered lot adjacent to the parking garage. Then cross Spruce Street to the Aull Center (next to the Morgantown Public Library).
The parking garage accepts most debit/credit and cash at $0.75/hour. The metered lot takes coins only at $0.75/hour.
Attendees can park for free at the WVU’s Mountainlair parking garage, located at 1550 University Ave, Morgantown. From the front of the Mountainlair, walk to Oglebay Hall.
Overflow parking is available at the University Ave and Chestnut St Garage. Accessible from University Avenue and Chestnut Street. Rate: $0.75 from 6am to 6pm and $1.00 for 6pm to 6am
Other Ways to get Around
- Mountain Line Bus Routes - http://www.busride.org/Maps-Schedules
- PRT (Personal Rapid Transit): Monday to Friday 6:30 AM to 10:15 PM, Saturday 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM
The PRT carries passengers from Walnut Street Station in downtown Morgantown to the WVU Downtown, Evansdale, and Health Sciences campuses. Cost is $0.50 per person per ride and is FREE to students with a valid student ID. Be sure to have adequate quarters with you. PRT stations are not equipped with change, and the turnstiles do not take bills. The College of Engineering PRT station is nearest the WVU Coliseum, and the Beechurst station is nearest the Mountainlair.